Pick up Sticks

Pick up Sticks

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Porch

I found my porch.

I knew he was there along. Every morning and night, I take two strides across him to my front door. Heck, I washed him with a hose last week. Pollen and dust be gone. But it was not because I cared. For him, at least.

But yesterday... there it was. A white swing and two rocking chairs. A couple of hanging plants, droopy from the days heat. But it was cool yesterday around duskish. And it was then that I saw my porch. In all his glory.

I always admired other peoples porches. They are the best place of many houses. Besides kitchens maybe.

So here I am, with three hours ahead of me. Getting to know my porch. It's raining and breezy. I am unnecessarily watering our grass with cold coffee. And necessarily piping and reading.

1 comment: