Pick up Sticks

Pick up Sticks

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The end of a decade. The start of a habit.

A decade is longer than I think it is. Ten years ago, I was home schooled, had very few people i called friends and a constantly runny nose. I was also eight.
The New years eve before the start of the century, I made many wild and ridiculous resolutions.

I would:
-Open a museum.
-Write a book concerning my imaginary friend.(His name was Jimmy for those who are curious)
-I cannot remember the rest.

Believe it or not, I completed this list. You should believe it. I started a museum which displayed many wonderful and rare objects. (seashells, dead insects, Lord of the Rings action figures, etc...)I also authored and illustrated a short novel called "Jimmy Goes on Vacation." It is a marvelous work which I plan on publishing sometime in the near future. (nope)

All this to say, I am quite good at keeping resolutions! So here am I about to make one in a public fashion. Yes, I have tried and failed to keep a journal and yes I have two or three blogs with one post in each, but dad gum it I will triumph! Certainly the power of the new year shall not fail me. If it helped my dreary, geeky state back in 1999 it can help me now.

Therefore, I declare to the world, "I will blog!"

p.s. Maybe to keep things interesting, I will give you a song at the end of every blog. I am sure no one has thought of this before. Here it is- Bon Iver- Lump Sum

3 comments:

  1. So I am happy you have a blog, and write in it. I almost started one as well, but then didn't...maybe this will motivate me.

    and I smirked when I read the title of this blog.

    and I had an imaginary friend named Jenny... Jimmy and Jenny were probably friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa took what I was going to say, haha, I love the title of the blod and all of the things you are writing in it and I also am considering starting one of these coolskis up. I haven't seen you in a while, Stephen! Pity.

    p.s. my imaginary friend was Deckda, like deck da halls with boughs of holly, and he could sit in my hand. Oh, to be a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Alyssa- I am sure of their friendship.

    To Emily- I am now a follower of your blog. I, in addition, have not seen you in a while. Lets change that!

    Also name Deckda has entered a list. The list is called "My Favorite Names."

    ReplyDelete