Pick up Sticks

Pick up Sticks

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sleeping in Italy

Part 1.
I woke up an hour and a half ago. If you take a glance at the time at the bottom of this post, you will realize (by quick subtraction) that I awoke at 4:00 p.m. Consequently, you may start fear for my health, sleep patterns, safety, etc... But fear not! For last night is an exception. For, I Stephen Bates, did not sleep last night.

Why the heck not???

Because I spent most of the night doing wonderful things such as:
-Becoming Kristopherson from Fantastic Mr. Fox
-Because my parents had a costume party
-Super-charades
-Trying to eat chocolate with a fork
-A midnight (probably later) icy road walk
-Talkity Talking

Twas a grand night.

Part 2.
Here is something. When my sleeping patterns are disturbed, I usually always(?) think about my trip to Italy. People get quite angry when I tell them that I went to Italy on my Senior trip. I assume it is due to the fact that their senior trip was not as grand. It could also be that they do not like Italians.

Memory a) One day, Robbie, Alyssa, Sara, and I went onto the roof of the hotel we were staying at. It gave us a wonderful view of the lights and buildings of Rome. Some of them pretended to be ninjas.

Memory b) One day, we went to Orvieto.

Memory c) One day, I lost a tennis ball named "The Italy Ball." It was signed by many of the group and was very close to all our hearts. I am sorry.

Part 3.
Wake Up- Arcade Fire

2 comments:

  1. this post reminds me of slaughterhouse5. u write like Kurt Vonnegut the way you skip around in an interesting way. btw arcade fire is sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) That night was mainly awesome. I also recall your room was right below ours, and we could see each other out the window, we tried to poor water on your heads, but it didn't quite work.

    b) Love that place.

    c)That moment was much more dramatic because it could be seen where it slid under the wall, barely out of reach, which made for a good ending. (I just love talking about Italy, as you can tell)

    ReplyDelete