Pick up Sticks

Pick up Sticks

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Service

Chapel is interesting.

Sometimes exhaustion chooses this particular instance to creep up on me. There will be times when my eyes and mind start to close and suddenly my head snaps back. Usually my neighbors on either side snicker and giggle at this. It's understandable. I would do the same to them.

Sometimes my mind is on other things. School. Or not school. At any rate, it is hard to concentrate on anything plus the word of God.

Sometimes the chapel speaker is boring. After a hour long math class, the last thing i usually want to is engage with someone who is hard to understand.

But there are times when my eyes are opened. Today, I was wide-eyed. The speaker, Jon Wheat, was engaging but more importantly convicting. He spoke about the importance of being a servant in a self-centered world. He told me about the life of Jesus who came to serve. He ripped me apart and then led me to foot of the throne of grace. I thank God for the wide-eye times.

Learning How to Die- Jon Foreman

1 comment: